Welcome to our new students and welcome back to our returning students. Here is a quick list of some of the services that are available in the Library:
- Textbooks (some, not all) that can be used in the Library
- Laptops (library use only)
- Group Study Rooms
- Photocopy machines (.10 per copy)
Of course, we still have books that you can check out for research. We also have a good selection of databases for articles. Please stop by the reference desk for information assistance.
In all likelihood sometime during your college career a Works Cited, Bibliography, or References formatted to MLA, Chicago, or APA styles will be required. NoodleBib can help you create these pages, annotations, and the in-text citations used within your research paper.
The library assists you with these tasks with our Cite Your Sources LibGuide and workshops on using NoodleBib. This semester you will have two chances to attend a 30 minute workshop on NoodleBib. The first workshop is Tuesday, January 18 at 11:15 a.m. Your second chance is Wednesday, February 2 at 2:30 p.m. Take 30 minutes now and save hours of frustration later.
No reservation needed for these workshops. Simply come to the Rosemary Rogers Research Center which is located on the library’s first floor next to the Reference Desk.
Welcome to a new semester! We wish you great success in all your classes. A couple of tips to help your library experience be great:
- Bring your Vol State I.D. to check-out books, videos, laptop computers, study room keys and textbooks.
- Know your Vol State email username, e.g., jsmith5, and your password. You’ll need these to log on to the library computers. Don’t forget to log out, or someone else can use your account.