P-16 1-16-15 Agenda
PARKING PERMIT January 16. 2015 (Please print and place on your vehicle dashboard)
P-16 10 17 2014 minutes (For your review prior to our meeting)
SAVE THE DATES P-16 2015 (Place the dates on your calendar)
Vital Signs Meeting on 9/24/2014
What is Vital Signs?
Vital Signs is a collaborative effort led by the Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce to identify important issues that affect a region’s economy and initiate community-driven solutions to address them.
Improving postsecondary attainment rates in the Nashville region. The meeting highlighted the need for additional adults with education after high school and how the region is currently meeting the need, as well as the presentation of the two opportunities for regional action.
- Robertson County, Sumner County, Rutherford County and Wilson County representatives all gave a recap of current initiatives and then discussed areas of opportunity.
- Mike Krause gave and update on the TnPromise:
- Reached the 20,000 application goal but want to continue to push through to the Nov. 1st deadline.
- It was suggested to have the students fill out the application during homeroom. The application is 10 questions and takes about 5 minutes to complete.
- Mentors are still needed.
- Lumina Foundation talked about ways in which we can increase postsecondary education attainment with adults who have some college credit but no degree.
- 35% of students going to college are adults and adults produce 50% of the degrees attained
- The Nashville Chamber will work with the Governor’s office to put together a regional dashboard that contains information on our progress with Tennessee Promise and share that with the meeting attendees by the end of next week. Some of the indicators we talked about including are the percentage of students who have not pursued postsecondary education, numbers of students applying for Tennessee Promise, number of mentors recruited, and, eventually, progress toward the longer term goals of getting students through the program and into/through postsecondary.
- After receiving feedback from the meeting attendees, The Nashville Chamber will publically share the dashboard with the Middle Tennessee Mayors Caucus during the release of the 2014 Nashville Region’s Vital Signs report, which will take place on October 7.
- The meeting attendees will let The Nashville Chamber know if there are others from our community who should be part of the discussion moving forward, including business leaders who already are or can serve as champions for adult learners.
- We will reconvene this group in January to assess the progress we have made toward improving postsecondary attainment rates in the region. An additional topic for that convening will be how can we work together to create a college-going culture in Middle Tennessee.
Follow Up Convening PPT 9 20 14_Vital Signs
P-16 10-17-14 Agenda
PARKING PERMIT 10.14.14 (Please print and place on your vehicle dashboard)
P-16 7 18 2014 minutes (For your review prior to our meeting)
SAVE THE DATES P-16 2015 (Place these dates on your calendar)
Mike Krause, Executive Director, Office of the Governor, was our July guest speaker. Mike shared a PPT presentation about the Tennessee Promise/Drive to 55 Initiatives. Attached for your review is a copy of the presentation along with the meeting minutes.
Tennessee Promise and Drive to 55 Presentation
P-16 7 18 2014 minutes
Union University Hendersonville is hosting our July meeting. Entrance and parking are at the rear of the building. Upon entering the building please register and pick up lunch in the Academic Commons. The meeting begins at 11:00 a.m. and will be held in room 129.
P-16 1-17-14 Agenda
In preparation for our guest speaker, you may wish to view the Drive to 55 web site at http://www.driveto55.org/
In addition to the overview on the main page, it will be helpful to explore the Jobs Forecast Tool by clicking on the link at the top of the web page. Also the Tennessee Overview and the Educational Attainment Report will provide some important background. Both can be found under the Reports link at the top of the web page.
2014 Campus Map – Rochelle Center
GUEST PARKING PERMIT 1.17.14 (Please print and place on your vehicle dashboard)
P-16 10 19 2013 minutes (For your review prior to meeting)