Need a textbook? Several instructors provide the Library with a copy of textbooks. The textbooks are “on reserve”, and may be used in the Library for up to 2 hours. The libraries at Highland Crest, Livingston and the Main Campus have textbook titles. You may want to check the Thigpen Library online catalog course reserves for your course since all textbooks are not available.
We hope your semester is off to a good start! Librarians are available to help you with research…
- Need to read a textbook? Ask at the long, tall desk (1st floor; left-hand side inside Library). Many faculty have provided a textbook for 2 hours use in the Library only. You will need your Vol State I.D. to check out the textbook and any library materials.
- Need to use a computer? Know your Vol State username and password to log in to a computer. Ask the computer lab assistant for help (1st floor; main aisle and close to the photocopying room).
- Need to make a photocopy? Can do! 10 cents a page.
- Need help finding a book, magazine, newspaper or journal article? Ask the person at the first desk on the right inside the Library.
- Need help @ the Livingston, McGavock or Springfield libraries? On-site staff are there to help you. Please call 615-230-3405 for more help or email email@example.com.
Please ask for help! Everybody on the Thigpen Library staff wants you to have a successful semester!
Welcome to our new students and welcome back to our returning students. Here is a quick list of some of the services that are available in the Library:
- Textbooks (some, not all) that can be used in the Library
- Laptops (library use only)
- Group Study Rooms
- Photocopy machines (.10 per copy)
Of course, we still have books that you can check out for research. We also have a good selection of databases for articles. Please stop by the reference desk for information assistance.
A lot of instructors give the Library a copy of textbooks so students can read them in the Library for 2 hours. That’s right: The textbooks stay in the Library!
Guess you want to know which textbooks are available at the Gallatin Campus and at the Livingston Center. You can find out by doing a quick search in the Thigpen Library Catalog VSCC course reserves.
Search the name of your course, for example HED 120. Textbooks are located at the Circulation Desk on the Gallatin Campus and in the Library at Livingston. To borrow a textbook, tell the library staff the name of the course and have your Vol State I.D. with you.
Need help? Ask for Research Assistance or call 615.230.3405.