The word “library” is usually associated with stacks filled with books. Thigpen Library is proud of its 47000+ print volumes (with 300K+ online!) covering numerous topics of relevance to Vol State’s academic programs; plus, it offers a small browsing collection offers popular titles to satisfy leisure reading interests, including graphic novels and a rotating selection of audio books on CD.
What is the difference between a library and a bookstore?
- Libraries = obtain what you need for free!
- Bookstores = pay for what you need.
Consider this: Thigpen Library goes beyond the book in terms of what it offers to support teaching and learning at Vol State. Let’s examine this idea further.
Library Spaces in Gallatin:
Whether you need a place to relax, use a computer, and/or study for your classes, Thigpen Library in Gallatin provides different spaces to meet personal preferences.
- Spaces to think or reflect: quiet and silent study areas allow for deeper concentration and engagement with course material with minimal distractions.
- Spaces to congregate: importantly, the library provides areas with comfortable seating wherein quiet conversations are welcome- this kind of friendly, low-key environment helps build camaraderie between peers to enrich the college experience.
- Spaces to collaborate: includes technology-rich study rooms for collaboration on group assignments and to facilitate learning partnerships (e.g. study groups, test review & preparation, etc.), large tables for groups, as well as access to computers and printing.
Space is more limited at the site libraries– yet, the rooms will, too, accommodate different user needs.
Library Services – ALL locations:
Thigpen Library supports Vol State students and employees regardless of site location or distance learning status with our services!
Abundant virtual services include:
- Chat & text with us! If you have any questions about your research assignment, finding information using library databases & other resources, hours of operation, or whatever else you need from the library, then easily ask us for an answer.
- Research consultation appointments are available: schedule a virtual web conference (held via Skype) with a librarian to receive research assistance; or, arrange a time to meet with us in person.
- Email us or call us – we’re here to help you however it’s most convenient for you to contact us.
Thigpen Library checks out technologies to students and employees.
Need to create a video for a project or class presentation? Need voice recording equipment? Want to borrow a graphing calculator? Here’s a list of all the technologies we lend for free. If you take classes or work at the sites: although some equipment is available immediately, other items reside only at the Gallatin campus; simply request the technology you need to be sent to your location.
Interlibrary Loan is Free!
That’s right: if you need a book that’s not in Thigpen Library in Gallatin’s existing collections or if there’s an article that you need for your research that’s not available in full text from Thigpen Library databases, then we’ll try to obtain it from other libraries through our interlibrary loan services.
Students, are you wondering if your class textbook is available for check out? Check to see if it’s available from our course reserves collections. Need help creating citations? See our citation guide – or access NoodleBib. Do you want to find the best database resources for your topic? These guides are designed for you!
Are you a faculty member seeking to schedule a library instruction session? Need to borrow a laptop for a conference? Want to learn more about Open Educational Resources or find tools to help you navigate copyright & fair use issues? For all of that and more – see the Faculty Services guide!
For anyone at the Livingston, Cookeville, and Springfield sites, consult this information for services specific to those locations.
This page provides a comprehensive list of services. Perhaps our most important service? Research assistance: Ask A Librarian.
Thigpen Library is always interested in hearing from you. Tell us how we’re doing in support of your teaching, learning, working needs at Vol State. Is there something that you want us to provide that we’re not providing for you, already? Could be a service we might add, a new technology you want to check out, or a new space configuration that you would find helpful. We want to know! Contact us or use the feedback form.