Welcome to a new semester! The Thigpen Library has a different look on the web. See the changes… http://www.volstate.edu/library. We hope it will be easier to find books, articles, videos and research help online.
Best wishes for a very successful semester!
Your Library Staff
Congrats on making it to the end of the semester and finals week! Students, you’ve worked hard this semester.
The Vol State Library wishes you great success on your finals! If you have a research need, ask a librarian for help.
- Need to read a textbook? Ask at the long, tall desk (1st floor; left-hand side inside Library). Many faculty have provided a textbook for 2 hours use in the Library only. You will need your Vol State I.D. to check out the textbook and any library materials.
- Need to use a computer? Know your Vol State username and password to log in to a computer. Ask the computer lab assistant for help (1st floor; main aisle and close to the photocopying room).
- Need to make a photocopy? Can do! 10 cents a page.
- Need help finding a book, magazine, newspaper or journal article? Ask the person at the first desk on the right inside the Library.
- Need help @ the Livingston, McGavock or Springfield libraries? On-site staff are there to help you. Please call 615-230-3405 for more help or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ask for help! Everybody on the Thigpen Library staff wants you to have a successful semester!
Here’s your chance to let us know how we’re doing providing you with research assistance.
From Monday, March 14 through Saturday, March 26 those of you who ask for help finding resources for your papers and projects will in turn be given a survey to complete. You will rate us on the quality of the material you found as well as your interaction with the library staff person who helped you. The library staff will use your responses to improve our service and resources.