As of June 5th, all Vol State students, faculty, and staff have full access to the digital New York Times through Thigpen Library’s subscription.
Special content that is included with your academic access to the New York Times:
- World Pages: Up-to-the-minute news specific to every country from around the world. Includes archival information, photos, graphics, audio and video published on a specific topic such as a country or world region (these are part of our TimesTopics pages, with academic utility represented in disciplines ranging from Science to Business.)
- Videos: Over 37,000 videos available on NYTimes.com, students and faculty can easily search and share compelling content.
- NYTVR; Featuring immersive virtual reality content.
- The NewYork Times in Education: Featuring turn-key, learning-outcome aligned activities, using The Times’ content. The resources contained within this site were created by faculty for institutional use.
- New York Times Article Archive content is available in full text, too (w/some limits).
To take full advantage of this subscription, create an account using your Vol State email.
Want to learn how to create your account and use the New York Times? Register for the InfoBytes Workshop on September 6 at 2:30pm! You can attend the workshop virtually from any computer, too.