- Need to read a textbook? Ask at the long, tall desk (1st floor; left-hand side inside Library). Many faculty have provided a textbook for 2 hours use in the Library only. You will need your Vol State I.D. to check out the textbook and any library materials.
- Need to use a computer? Know your Vol State username and password to log in to a computer. Ask the computer lab assistant for help (1st floor; main aisle and close to the photocopying room).
- Need to make a photocopy? Can do! 10 cents a page.
- Need help finding a book, magazine, newspaper or journal article? Ask the person at the first desk on the right inside the Library.
- Need help @ the Livingston, McGavock or Springfield libraries? On-site staff are there to help you. Please call 615-230-3405 for more help or email email@example.com.
Please ask for help! Everybody on the Thigpen Library staff wants you to have a successful semester!
The United States has 286 million cellular telephone subscribers and is number 3 in the world.
17.7 million adults in the United States have been diagnosed with hay fever in the past 12 months.
There were 8 infant deaths in Sumner County in 2007 and 19 in 2008.
47.2% of the population of Tajikistan is at the poverty level, the average life expectancy is 67 years, and 100% of the adult population is literate.
Ever need facts such as these?
Check out our new Data [not the android] LibGuide for links to credible web-based resources and useful books in our collection. Use this LibGuide as the starting point to find statistics to bolster your arguments.
Note: The data sources for the above statistics are CIA World Fact Book, CDC Data & Health Statistics, Tennessee Health Statistics, and World Bank: Data. Links available in the afore-mentioned LibGuide.
Starting Monday, August 8, the Thigpen Library will be open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. The Library will be OPEN from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. on the College’s Convocation Day, August 22. Fall semester library hours will begin Saturday, August 27.
Need to find an eBook? Look for the EBSCOhost eBook Collection (formerly NetLibrary) among the Thigpen Library’s eBook collection. The EBSCOhost eBook Collection provides a new search screen (click to enlarge the image below). The EBSCOhost eBook Collection offers the same great collection with a new name and new look!
As you have questions, please ask a librarian or call 615-230-2305.