Struggling at 2:00 A.M. with research for your assignment?
Panicking at 4:00 A.M. about citing credible sources in your paper?
KEEP CALM & CHAT ON!
At any time day or night, research assistance from Vol State’s Thigpen Library is just keystrokes away at the speed of CHAT!
Whenever you use Thigpen Library’s online CHAT service or text your questions to 615-956-2ASK (2775), the first available librarian will answer you.
To help complete your research assignments, CHAT can deliver:
- Knowledge of library resources available to complete your research assignments
- Tips to find & filter the correct sources that your assignment requires
- Instruction using library databases to retrieve journal articles or the library’s online catalog to connect to e-books & streaming video
- Help with the process of academic-level research
- Search strategies including keyword & search term suggestions
- Help evaluating a source’s credibility
Prefer to work directly with a Vol State Librarian?
The library offers one-on-one research help when you:
- Make an appointment to consult a Librarian about your research assignment in person, on the phone or online via web-conferencing.
- Visit or telephone our reference desk (615-230-3400) Mon-Thurs 8am-6pm.
- Email our Reference Librarians firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need to borrow books, DVDs or technology like video cameras, graphing calculators, voice recorders or photo cameras?
Explore the host of services offered at Thigpen Library and all of Vol State’s campuses and sites!