“Turn and face the strange changes…”
It’s not just a classic pop song by David Bowie:
It’s what VolState Library is bringing to YOU via our LIBRARY WEBSITE (as well as our new Library-branded logo). [See below & thanks, VolState Public-Relations team!]
On Tuesday July 12, the Library will launch a new interface to our website named “PIONEER SEARCH” to honor Vol State’s very own Pioneers. This new online presence is a front-end product called “Primo” by library vendor, Ex Libris, which is necessary in order to connect with the library’s entirely new back-end catalog called “Alma”.
Please BE PATIENT during this transitional period!
And please ASK US if you’re struggling to find what you need – we’re here to help!
LIBRARY WEBSITE CH-CH-CH-CH-CHANGES
TUESDAY JUNE 28 – FRIDAY JULY 15
FINDING Books & E-Books: continue to use the one-stop search box in the center of the library’s home page; starting on July 8 and through July 13, search eBooks only; the library’s old catalog works but does not reflect current data.
- Chat (http://volstate.edu/Library/chat.php)
- Text 615-956-2275 (2ASK)
- Call 615-230-3400
- Email Librarian@volstate.edu
- Schedule a virtual or in-person appointment with a librarian (we’ll even Skype with you!)
- Research guides will help you identify disciplinary-specific databases and other resources that are related to your topics. For example, if you want to research the psychological effects of social media use, you would use the library’s “Psychology” guide.
- This database provides access to articles on every topic – highly recommended!
Go to the green box named “Databases” on the library’s home page to locate an A to Z list of all the library’s subscription databases.
TUESDAY JULY 12 WEDNESDAY, JULY 13
Stay tuned as we roll out new instructions for navigating PIONEER SEARCH on Wednesday, July 13!