The purpose of the Diversity and Cultural Awareness Committee is to promote awareness of diversity issues, provide cultural activities/events, and increase overall diversity at the College.
- Monitor the progress of the College’s Diversity Plan and provide budget recommendations for initiatives related to the Diversity Plan.
- Advise the Director of Human Resources about activities that enhance diversity in the work environment.
- Advise the Vice President for Student Services and Director of Student Life and Diversity Initiatives about activities that enhance the college experience for our diverse student population from recruitment through graduation.
- Plan and implement diversity education activities including, but not limited to, workshops, speakers, and social events to be coordinated by the Cultural Events subcommittee.
- Develop and distribute a comprehensive calendar of cultural programs and activities, including those not planned by the committee.
- Recommend and monitor activities designed to increase the diversity of the College through recruitment of faculty, staff, and students.
- Work with Student Life, Human Resources, and Public Relations to increase campus and community participation in diversity-related activities.
- Awards Ruff Award and Diversity Award.