Introducing Daylight – a New Look for eLearn
On Sunday, May 13, 2018, eLearn is getting a face lift! The new look, branded “Daylight” by D2L, is designed to be more mobile friendly and accessible to assistive technology users.
While the look and feel will be noticeably different, most of the functionality will remain exactly the same for both students and faculty. Here is a sneak peek at the new design.
There are a few changes that will take a little while to get used to. Here are the highlights:
- The “rubric’s cube” icon will replace the Select a Course drop-down menu in our current version.
- The News area has been renamed Announcements. Within a course, it will now be the first thing you see.
- On the home page, each course will be represented visually with a large image tile. (For example, notice the trees for Art Appreciation in the image above.) Faculty will have the option to replace the default image that pops up.
- The course homepage is reorganized and simplified.
- Most of the secondary tools are organized alphabetically under the “Course Tools” link group.
- On the course homepage, faculty gain a new widget called “Course Overview” which provides an easy way to measure student engagement and activity. Students will not be able to see this tool.
That’s really about it. Where you click and how you find things will remain largely unchanged.
Here’s an example of a faculty perspective of a course homepage:
When you scroll down past the Announcements, here’s the rest of the faculty course homepage:
Here is a look at the student homepage when they first login:
Finally, here’s a shot of the Content page from a student perspective.
May 13 – Do Not Login!
The changes will be implemented on Sunday, May 13th from noon to 4 p.m. Please do NOT login during that time to avoid any problems or confusion. We’ll send out an email announcement as soon as the updates are done and it is safe to login again.