By Rhonda Gregory
Director of Distributed Education
We have great news about virtual conferencing! Thanks to a new integration partner, faculty and students can use Zoom for online meetings from within any eLearn course.
A Few Reasons to Consider Using Zoom:
- Hold regular online office hours specific to each course
- Meet “face-to-face” with online students, building a personal connection
- Provide tutoring to one, two, or many students
- Watch student presentations in real-time
- Record video messages for students to watch later
It’s easy to get started. From within any eLearn course, click the “Course Tools” menu and select “Zoom Meetings” from the list. The following video provides a brief overview of the Zoom to eLearn integration and how to get started.
Bonus Option: Zoom-MyMedia-eLearn
Not to confuse you, but there’s another option you may want to consider. If this is confusing – just ignore and follow the info above! The option here is to save your regular Zoom meeting recordings (that are created without going through eLearn to begin with) to eLearn’s MyMedia gallery. Once there, you can insert or embed the videos recordings into your courses.
- Go to Volstate.zoom.us and click on “Create or Edit Account.”
- Click on “Profile” on the left side of the page.
- Scroll down to “Kaltura User I.D.” at the bottom of the page and click on “Edit”.
- Enter your VSCC I.D. (e.g., rgregory987)
- Click Save.
Need More Help?
There are lots of ways to get help using Zoom.